Monday, November 8, 2010

Assignment 5

User Name: JVP3
Bookshelf: JVP3-Forgeries
http://upitt01-staff.kwc.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/virtualshelves/shelves.pl?viewshelf=128

I personally found the Koha MARC record search feature a little problematic.  For one thing, it would not let me search for only an author's name.  I tried to add the book price to all of my records and in the process discovered that it is rather difficult to find that information online.  The creating of the virtual bookshelf was quite simple except for having to keep a separate list of barcodes.  Is there a way of looking up barcodes in Koha if, heavens forbid, you loose the barcodes? 
And just a side note: I got a kick out of the Jing video when, upon getting search results for the title "python", the top result was titled "And now for something completely trivial."  

No comments:

Post a Comment