Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 1 Muddies

1) Because I am new to Blogger and RSS Feeds I am a little unsure of how they work.  Do I need to subscribe to everyone's RSS Feed (~60 students) and is there a way to sort through their posts (or do I read through 60+ posts in my dashboard each week?)  Also, is there a way of tracking the comments that I have made to other posts (this is something that irks me about LiveJournal in that I cant track my own comments to other posts.)  2) It was mentioned in class that we generally have two weeks to complete an assignment.  Would it be safe to guess that in the syllabus where it says "Assignment X is out" that the assignment will be due about two weeks afterwards?  The only reason I ask is because I have to schedule my Saturdays for work.
3) As others have mentioned in their muddies, I too am interested in learning a bit more about teh DIKW Hierarchy.  If you look up information, knowledge, and wisdom in the dictionaries you find that the words act as synonyms which makes finding the distictincion between the words difficult.  It also doesn't help that the concepts become more abstract as you go higher up the pyramid.
That's about it for this week.  I don't know if the second one really counts as a muddy but I suppose seen as the first lecture was about the basics of the class that it may count this week. 
~ Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Jessica- I would say that if you don't want to follow everyone, you don't have to- you just need to comment on two people's blogs every week, so if you have some favorites, you could probably just subscribe to or follow five or ten people (although I'm sure technically you're supposed to follow everyone). You can also follow everyone, and then just use the post titles and first few lines of their text to see if you want to read the rest or not.

    As for tracking your comments, I added a gadget for that- take a look at my blog and see if that is the kind of thing you meant. I'm happy to tell you how I did it if it would be of interest to you, but I do have to manually add them- they don't just automatically get added to the list.
    http://archivist-amy-in-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete